Everest compliant PTCA balloon catheter
Blue Medical has combined innovative technologies and meticulous attention to detail into its Everest PTCA balloon catheter. The Everest pushes the boundary in terms of performance and safety and is viewed by interventional cardiologists across the world as a high quality workhorse balloon catheter.
Key performance characteristics of the Everest are:
excellent crossing due to innovative features
atraumatic tip, created by our proprietary bonding and shaping technology.
- Low profile
- Graduate taper
- Flexible performance
- Kink resistant
low profile Wig Shape Design “tip to balloon” transition for smoother crossing results.
- Lesion entry profile 0.016” (0.40 mm)
- Distal balloon profile 0.023” (0.58 mm)
- Proximal balloon profile 0.025” (0.63 mm)
newest generation of hydrophilic coatings, covering tip to distal shaft, including the folded balloon.
- Eliminates catheter friction
- Obviate the release of particles
- Remains durable during multiple usages
workhorse standards redefined
- Superior Re-wrap incorporated the latest insights on re-folding and re-wrap interactions.
- Higher pushability due to balanced proximal and distal shaft transitions.
- Full 6F Kissing Technology compatibility, guaranteed.
award winning Checker technology
- Tighter balloon wrapping for reduced crossing profile.
- Smoother profile transition; compressing folds and shoulders.
- Eliminates balloon-wing flaring and minimizes friction
- Enhances trackability
The catheter was launched in 2009 under Blue Medical’s Everest brand and produced in Blue Medical’s production facility in the Netherlands. It is CE certified and sold globally (not for sale in the USA).